Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Cold Wednesday Night

Bloody Hell!

It's December already, the snow is falling and _it_is_getting_COLD!

aaannnnnndddddd...I still haven't put my Christmas lights up yet! If it ends up being anything like previous years I'll be standing on my ladder about 18 feet up in the air while the fastest, coldest, most bone-biting wind on the face of the Earth numbs my nuts (and the rest of me too). In case you think that isn't such a big deal, keep in mind that (1) you can't hang Christmas lights with gloves on and (2) holding on to an aluminum ladder with bare hands is the closest equivalent to licking a frozen pole as you can get.

I do all this to decorate my house with admittedly cheesy Christmas lights my lovely wife never totally approves of, hoping-against-hope that said lovely wife might bring me a hot chocolate/coffee/anything to defrost my innards which never actually shows up (she's usually inside taking a nap on the couch by the fireplace - sometimes it's like owning a cat), and at great risk to my own immediate well-being and future health of any potential offspring I may help create also with the aforementioned and always formidable lovely wife.

So why do it? For the kids, of course. They like it and that's good enough for me.

Wish me luck - I may not be able to type for a while.
Tony Iacoviello, Iacoviello Homes 289.237.9896 tonyiacoviello@hotmail.com

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this REALLY a letter to your wide? Passive aggressive style? :)

Anonymous said...

potential offspring?????

Unknown said...

HAHA frozen nuts!! Just laughed a loud in the library!

Anonymous said...

still no lights...

Anonymous said...

Nothing passive about my aggressive.